Tuesday, March 25, 2014

5 (Wishful) Signs of Spring in Maine

1. Flowers are blooming.

Unfortunately, this Spring it's still so cold that they're either "faux"...


or felted.

 
2. The song birds are back.

In my March 11th post about Cardinals, I wondered where the birds were. Well, it's two weeks later and I'm happy to report that they've found  our new feeder. We're being visited by blue birds, cardinals, chickadees., and ...

even some felted birds.
  
 3. New  deck chairs are stacked and ready.

Needless to say, they'll have to wait in the garage...
 
...until the last foot of snow finally melts off of our deck. 
 
 
4. The camper comes out of storage next week.
 
 
Only  45  more days until our first trip to Searsport Shores in the little Casita!


5.  I rearranged my closet.

I just reorganized my seasonal clothes, changed purses (deep orange to bright, happy turquoise), moved the sandals to the front of the shoe rack, and ...

treated myself to a pair tropical coral ballet flats. 
 Hope springs eternal...in my closet at least!

Do you switch your closet around with the seasons?

Now if it would just get above 19 degrees so I can put the LL Bean boots away!

 
 
"It's spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!" 
~Mark Twain

 
 
 
Spring Fever? I've got it  bad...how about you?
Is it Spring yet where you live?
 
p.s.  Snow showers predicted for tomorrow...will it ever end???

1 comment:

  1. I missed this post Cheryl. Those felted tulips are so cute. It's nice to see signs of spring in the stores at least. :) I'm glad the birds are finding your new feeder. You'll have fun watching them all year around. I don't move my closet around much I guess. Everything stays in the same spot all colour coordinated. :) We have a lot more snow than you do for sure so the boots will be staying on for another week or three. Pam

    ReplyDelete

I hope you'll leave a Comment . . . they make this blogger's day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...